Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4, 2009

My father-in-law is home now, and doing better. We're thankful for that. :) Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Kristen for her comment and sharing what she is thankful for! Thanks, Kristen!
2. Sweetpea going down easy tonight.
3. A break from my daughter. I'm sure that makes me sound awful, but dude....... it was necessary.
4. My youth group kids for cracking me up, and sometimes listening.
5. Blankets. I know that sounds so dumb, but today, I just needed a blankie.
6. God, for answering my prayers and giving me peace.
7. Josh, for hanging in there when Sweetpea is giving him such a rough time. He is such a good daddy.
8. My Crockpot. As most of my friends know, this is neither the first nor last time I will talk about my Crockpot. I ♥ my Crockpot. ♥ it.
9. Becky's friends, for teaching me how to do this - ♥. I am seriously a little giddy right now.

As you may have noticed, Sweetpea is giving us a rough time right now. It's not her fault - the poor kid is totally off her schedule, and has barely seen me, except at family gatherings and friends parties, for the better part of two weeks. I went back over the past 3 weeks in my head today, and I would be off my game too, if I were her. I am hoping she will be better after tomorrow, and a normal week this week. Even though this has been exhusting and overwhelming to have her want mommy all. the. time. the last few days, I am trying to remind myself that in a few years, she's going to want nothing more then for me to go away. So even when she's driving me insane, I should enjoy it. Or at least appriciate it.

Hope you're all well - what are you thankful for today?

Love,
Jen

1 comment: